100g caster sugar
65g peanut butter
60g butter (room temp)
1 tsp vanilla extract
75g porridge oats
150g self raising flour
100g chocolate chips
• Preheat oven to 190°C (fan assisted).
• Lightly grease a baking tray.
• Put the butter, peanut butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until mixture is smooth.
• Add the egg and the vanilla essence and beat again.
• Finally stir in the flour, oats and chocolate. Mixture will be very stiff.
• Place spoonfuls of mixture on the baking trays, leaving a space between each to allow for spreading.
• Bake for 12 minutes until beginning to turn golden brown. Cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking tray, then transfer to a wire tray to cool completely.
• As soon as cold, transfer to an airtight container to store.
• This cookie dough is perfect for freezing. It will hold in the freezer for a few weeks. Just roll it into a sausage, wrap in clingfilm and pop into the freezer. Cut a few slices off and pop into the oven for 12-15 mins at 190°C.